Biologically-rich blend with 100% organic inputs and essential, naturally-derived minerals and probiotic clays
Loaded with bioavailable minerals and trace elements that allow plants to optimize their full genetic potential
Loaded with all the vitamins, minerals, enzymes and phytochemicals that your body needs to heal itself
Alegría’s SoxxBoxx system optimizes the genetic potential of your favorite leafy greens, herbs and vegetables by employing rich “living soil” in Soxx that contains all the essential minerals, beneficial microbes, humus plus superior oxygen and water holding capacity to deliver your plants all they need to flourish.
At Alegría Fresh, we provide urban farming systems that increase access to superior, nutrient-dense produce loaded with all the vitamins, minerals, enzymes and phytochemicals that your body needs to heal itself. We call our farm the “Green Farmacy” and we practice “beyond organic” food production. Employing regenerative urban farming principals, we focus on soil fertility, reducing waste by recycling all carbon, including composting and vermicomposting, and producing vibrant rainbow-colored food that is unsurpassed in quality because it is so fresh and full of light energy.
Our simple SoxxBoxx growing system makes any commercial urban farmer or home gardener a pro. The basic 4’ x 8’ growing system includes:
1) 6 – 8” x 8’ polypropylene Soxx filled with our Alegría premium soil;
2) Heavy duty trays available in 4’ x 4’, 4’ x 8’ or 3’ x 6’ sizes;
Pricing: Email email@example.com for a custom quote.
Note: Table stand not included, but can be purchased upon request. Trays available in Black or White.
Alegría SoxxBoxx: Regenerative Farming Systems https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pesqtODu_XM
Why Soil Matters: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pesqtODu_XM
Graeme Sait at TedX: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Q1VnwcpW7E&spfreload=10
The Compost Story: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bqDQD8cvO5Y
The Soil Story: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nvAoZ14cP7Q
The Value of Soil: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=403sT9CGRl0
Mushrooms Sequester Carbon: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OOzfs6Et9jk&feature=youtu.be
Nature is Speaking: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dor4XvjA8Wo
1) Alegría’s Premium Soil used in our SoxxBoxx produces the best tasting, fastest growing, strongest plants loaded with all essential nutrients;
2) Polypropylene Soxx breathe, providing more oxygen to the roots by promoting “root pruning”;
3) SoxxBoxx optimizes combined aeroponic, hydroponic and organic systems;
4) Grow your favorite “healing foods” including leafy greens, medicinal herbs and vegetables anywhere;
5) Above ground growing keeps crops away from hungry critters, makes harvesting standing up easy and provides a cooler growing environment up and away from contaminated or deficient soils;
6) 95% less water is required, 50% less fertilizer and zero toxic pesticides;
7) Modular design can be scaled to any size;
8) Automatic irrigation or hand watering is simple and fast;
9) SoxxBoxx regenerative farming can provide 6-8 crop cycles a year;
10) 100% recyclable Earth-kind design;
Our Alegría Premium Soil blend used in the Soxx is 100% organic living soil and our super efficient SoxxBoxx regenerative urban food production system uses 90% less water, 50% less fertilizer and zero toxic pesticides. Our SoxxBoxx system is proven, cost effective, scalable and ready to deploy over all man-made surfaces within the urban envelope. We can now offer 100% organic “tractorless farming” where people live and work.
(calculated for one 4’x 8’ SoxxBoxx grow system with 48 linear ft. of 8” GardenSoxx)
-Storm Water Absorption: 81.6 gals/tray
-Organics Diverted from Landfill: 3,216 lbs/tray
-Methane Avoidance (due to diversion): 5,664 lbs CO2e/tray
-Carbon Sequestered by Vegetation: .38 lbs CO2e/tray
-Carbon Sequestered by Soil: 528 lbs CO2e/tray
As all our remaining fertile land is being paved over, we can fill the niches with “neighborhood food forests”, and in most cases residents can have Alegría Farms on their own property. The “farmland of the future”, according to a quick Google maps survey, comprises over 40 square miles of land in LA and Orange County that can be repurposed at minimal cost, virtually eliminating food deserts while strengthening community resiliency (Food Security + Energy Independence). Add in the human factors such as the increase in social justice in marginalized communities, ie, increased health and wellbeing resulting from greater access to nutrient dense food in food deserts, lower auto-immune disease rates (diabetes, obesity and cancer), living wage job creation, as well as mitigating climate change (increase carbon sequestration and water retention from the greening up of blighted neighborhoods).